The previous article within this collection focused on how you should try and increase the amount of quality links pointing back to your website to help improve your website reputation.
This article will look at the benefits of implementing a Search Engine Marketing Campaign, otherwise known as SEM. This can take the form of keyword and location relevant adverts on search engines, social media sites or adverts on industry specific websites.
A successful SEM campaign will boost the amount of traffic your website receives. SEM is inherently a more focused form of internet marketing that will increase websites’ visibility within the SERP (Search Engine Results Pages).
To carry out a successful SEM campaign it is important to consider the following points:
• Advert Creation – Use good grammar and avoid excessive punctuation. Be sure to create a stand out and catchy advert that also uses your top keywords. Google Adwords is a good place to start, and there is plenty of help sections available to get you started. Google often offer a free £50 voucher for new businesses to get you up and running.
• Landing Pages – It is common practice to see search engine adverts linking to just a company’s home website. Be sure you create a specific landing page that directly links to what the advert stated. Leave the customer with no doubt in their mind as to what you are selling.
• Customer Incentive – Free downloads for say graphics, tutorials or whitepapers are a great way of collecting customer data. Consider offering a newsletter or vouchers in return for customer details.
• Budget – It is important that you decide upon specific goals and a strict budget.
• Conversion Tracking – Every SEM campaign needs conversion tracking. Your website should aim to provide sales or leads so it’s imperative to measure the data available. Do not end up in the situation where you just end up paying for traffic. Conversions Count
• SEO – A well optimised site will increase impressions and provide better conversion rates.
Organic search results outperform sponsored adverts so put your time and effort into making sure your website is high as possible in the search engine results pages.
There are some great SEO Services available today.
By adhering to the advice in this collection of six articles you will have the firm foundations for a long lasting and successful SEO Campaign.
The following stage will demonstrate that SEO is an ongoing process that needs constant analysis and appropriate fine tuning. Performance monitoring will help ensure SEO sustainability.