Your Yorkshire business badly needs a hosting provider for web and email services but who do you choose when they are so many?
This is a question that many business owners have to grapple with – the fact that there are so many of them makes it very hard to pick one.
There are some that are big and others that operate out of garages. It is up to you to do some research and find out what you should be looking for in such a service.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Find out how long the service you are looking at has been operational. The longer the better – it means that they have been doing a good job which has enabled them to keep their doors open. The company that you choose should be operational for at least 5 years.
- Ask the company to give you references. They should be able to provide you with contact details of at least 3 businesses that they are currently servicing. When you call ask them if they are happy with the web and email service that they are receiving and whether they would hire the same company in the long term.
- How much downtime do they experience? Downtime is time when servers are offline and if it happens often it means that you are losing business. The company that you hire should have very little downtime if any at all. Also, in the event of server failure how long does it take them to get things back up and running?
- You should be very careful about security especially if clients leave you their personal information or if they are able to buy directly from your site.
- Are they able to support mobile platforms? With so many people buying items through their smart phones and tablets it is important that you hire a web hosting company that has the capacity and the ability to work with mobile devices.
- The best companies provide a comprehensive service – they are able to provide you with hosting services, a domain name, email addresses and even web design and SEO services. This means that you will not have to shop for these services from other providers.
Lastly, make sure that you compare costs before you hire – you want a web and email host who is affordable but who provides a top-notch service.
Total SEO Services comes with all of the above and more.
For more information on our hosting offering please visit https://www.totalseoservices.co.uk/hosting/.