The team from Total SEO Services is here to explain to YOU how and why SEO is the fastest growing and most important form of marketing in 2020.
2020 has been a year of unprecedented flux and consequent economic devastation.
Or if you are looking to expand your brand and allow your business to thrive, Total SEO Services is here to help.
This article is your one-stop, trusty guide to find out why SEO it is the best investment your company can make this year.
Firstly, what is SEO?
“SEO” i.e. ‘Search Engine Optimisation’, is the process of optimising your website and online content so that prospective clients and customers can swiftly and easily locate and access your website through search engines such as Google.
SEO is one of the fastest growing forms of digital marketing in the world, and it is crucial during these unprecedented, unpredictable times that you guarantee the safety of your business through worthwhile investment.
Despite the economic crash that has come with the Covid-19 pandemic, the digital marketing industry continues to go from strength to strength in the UK.
In fact, Stephen Woodford, chief executive of the Advertising Association, believes that the UK is now a “global online advertising powerhouse”, with the industry having the ability to “drive economic growth.”
As of last year, the digital marketing sector experienced eight consecutive years of growth.
The number of the UK’s small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) getting involved in selling and marketing their products and services online has risen rapidly from 30% in 2013 to more than two-fifths (42%) in 2017. This is a percentage that only continues to rise. So if you are a growing business, it is especially crucial for you to get involved with SEO and make the world digital marketing and search engines work for you. Don’t get left behind in the competitive multimedia market place.
Moreover, despite the backdrop of Brexit and subsequent economic uncertainty, digital advertising spend across the UK is expected to see double-digit growth in 2019, according to Barclays’ Adtech Ascendancy report. Moreover, despite the economic collapse following Covid-19, digital advertising continues to thrive as more and more clients are driven to shop online during the pandemic.
With more prospective customers online than ever before, growing businesses are seriously missing out on brand expansion and lose money by failing to invest in SEO and digital marketing channels.
In order to further highlight the growth and importance of SEO to your business, here are some useful statistics courtesy of Hubspot detailing the prevalence of digital marketing and search engine consumption:
- Over a two year period, there was a 900%+ growth in mobile searches for “___ near me today/tonight.” (Think with Google, 2018)
- Over a two-year period, there was a 200%+ growth in mobile searches for “open” + “now” + “near me.” (Think with Google, 2018)
- 60% of smartphone users have contacted a business directly using the search results such as the “click to call” option. (Think with Google, 2019)
- 51% of shoppers surveyed say they use Google to research a purchase they plan to make online. (Think with Google, 2019)
- 59% of shoppers surveyed say that being able to shop on mobile is important when deciding which brand or retailer to buy from. (Think with Google, 2019)
- About 64% of marketers actively invest time in search engine optimization (SEO). (HubSpot, 2020)
This shows how fast SEO as a marketing strategy is growing, and how integral it is for your growing or recovering business to invest in this year.
Put shortly, if you invest in SEO, you will gain clients and increase your profits, allowing your business to grow and thrive.
During 2020 it is more important than ever that your business adapt to the digital revolution.
SEO controls how your brand is perceived by the search engines. This is extremely important when trying to grow and promote your brand in the modern multimedia, digital marketplace as most clients will be searching for a business to provide for them, online.
This is especially true during 2020 as many consumers that previously resisted e-commerce or online payments have had no choice but to adapt along with companies that have transformed in the light of COVID-19. Now, many shoppers and potential clients are searching for companies to meet their needs online as e-commerce, delivery and pickup, have become the new normal in order to maintain social distancing.
Therefore, more people than ever before will be searching online for businesses to fulfill their needs. Your company needs to make sure your content and website stands out from the crowd by investing in SEO.
Without SEO you will not appear high up on the SERPs (search engine results pages). This means that your website will not be viewed by many members of the public, as 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines. This will decrease your number of potential clients using or investing in your business. This will cause your brand to be less well known, less legitimate in the customers eyes and overall, less successful. Now is not the time to be losing money due to an ineffective, wasteful marketing strategy.
Now is the time to take action, optimise your website and content and make the most of the digital market place.
Optimised websites and content will position your brand higher up on the SERP. This means more customers will see it and they will have more faith in your brand as you gain brand legitimacy by being approved by the search engine.
Therefore, you will gain more business and more success due to SEO.
To invest in SEO is to invest in your companies guaranteed growth and success.
Here are just a few ways in which SEO could help your business now:
- SEO is a cost-effective investment as it not only saves money unlike a paid advertisement, but also helps to generate traffic in the future. By investing in SEO, you are investing in a marketing strategy that is effective and has longevity. Old content that is optimised can still bring in customers. An optimised website will lead to an increase in business well into the future.
- Indeed, SEO represent a long-term marketing strategy. Within the first year SEO tactics being employed, SEO can have a noticeable impact leading to more customers and business growth. Many of those efforts will have an impact that lasts longer than several years. Therefore, to the investment in SEO is an investment in a long-term effective business model.
- Whether you’re a local retail store or a global franchise, your customers are using search engines right this moment. By optimising your content and website for search engines, you will extend your reach beyond your local bubble, becoming a competitive force in the global market.
- By optimising your content, your site will become more organised and easier to navigate as you properly mark up, structure, tag and otherwise optimise content. This will make your website and content more user friendly, and improve user experience. This means they are more likely to read your content, revisit your website and invest in your company. Moreover, if you optimise your website and content to be mobile phone user friendly, this will only further enhance your companies online presence and success.
- SEO builds trust and brand awareness, as customers begin to recognise and trust your brand, as you consistently appear towards the top of the SERPs. If your brand has legitimacy in the eyes of the of the search engines, then it has credibility in the eyes of the consumers.
Total SEO Services is here to help your business grow, recover and thrive:
At Total SEO Services we are a team of devoted and highly skilled SEO experts.
By implementing SEO strategies we aim to help your company to grow, recover and thrive during the financially unstable and uncertain year of 2020.
We offer a variety of strategies in order to improve your company’s SEO marketing:
- Our experienced team of content writers can write tailored SEO content for your website. This content is extremely effective as it is meticulously designed exclusively to entice Your potential clients.
- We also offer the installation of structured data onto your webpages and content. This will ensure that you rank higher up on SERPs, leading to more business growth.
- We can even update or build you an entire new website that is accessible and readable, and optimised for mobile use, a sure-fire way to improve customer relations and revenue.
Total SEO Services wants to aid your company, providing you with stability and effective strategy during this volatile, stressful time.